Are you experiencing nagging back pain? Headaches? Pain in your legs or hips? Consistent discomfort does not have to be your constant companion. A spinal adjustment from a qualified chiropractor could be the solution.
WHAT IS A SPINAL ADJUSTMENT?
So what exactly is a spinal adjustment? This procedure, also referred to as spinal manipulation, is utilized by trained professional chiropractors primarily to improve one’s physical function as well as to fix the body’s alignment. A chiropractor will perform a spinal adjustment either by using his/her hands or by using an instrument.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DIFFERENT TYPE OF SPINAL ADJUSTMENTS?
Not all spinal adjustments are created equal. Chiropractors use many different types of techniques depending on their patients’ individual conditions. The following are three of the more common spinal adjustments:
- Direct Thrust Technique. This technique is one of the more common and well-known forms of spinal manipulation. It entails a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust. The direct thrust technique can be executed with a dedicated small instrument or with a chiropractor’s hands.
- Functional Technique. This technique’s goal is to improve patients’ overall joint mobility. Chiropractors utilize very soft force to relieve joint tension and restore optimal mobility.
- Cervical Spine Manipulation Technique. This adjustment technique focuses on the cervical spine area. Many patients who experience upper back pain, headaches and many other forms of discomfort may have inflammation in their cervical spine area. Chiropractors may utilize direct manipulation to the cervical spine area or other more gentle forms of adjustment to curb this pain.
WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS OF SPINAL ADJUSTMENTS?
Spinal adjustments can bring immense pain relief to those suffering neck, back, and joint discomfort, so what are some benefits chiropractic patients can expect from having a spinal adjustment?
- Fuller range of joint motion
- Stress reduction
- Pain reduction
- Better sleep
- Ability to enjoy exercise
- Enjoyable life!
Spinal adjustments can seem a little unnerving and maybe a little scary if you have never had one before. However, chiropractors can deliver pain relief through these procedures. Living without pain is possible, and spinal adjustments can assist in that endeavor.