When most people think of massage they think of a relaxing luxury. Some types of massage are used to only promote relaxation. Therapeutic deep tissue massage therapy and other types of soft tissue manipulation are an important component of a well-rounded treatment plan for acute and chronic pain syndromes.
These various techniques can be used to enhance function, aid in the natural healing process, as well as to promote relaxation and well being.
Benefits of Massage
The benefits of massage can be numerous. Some of the beneficial results that you can receive from massage treatments include:
- Relieve pain
- Improve muscle tone
- Soothe and relax nerves
- Relieve Stress
- Increase blood circulation and the flow of tissue fluid (lymph)
- Stimulate breathing
- Assist the flow of nutrients & oxygen to tissues
- Lower the heart and pulse rate
- Detoxify the body systems
- Assist weight loss
- Assist in removal of deposits of tissue
- Stimulate activity in skin and its glands
- Release emotional tension an stress
- Create a feeling of well-being
Schedule an Appointment Today!
To schedule a therapeutic massage, call 770-614-6630 for an immediate appointment.